Forsaken Prophecy Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Guide

+2
sinhunter
Fsh4Lyfe
6 posters

Go down

Fishing Guide Empty Fishing Guide

Post by Fsh4Lyfe Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Heyo fellow Fishing Lovers! I figured I'd set-up this guide to fishing now that the game seems to be back! Despite how easy fishing might seem, there is honestly alot more lurking below the surface, and this guide is going to get you familiar with some of those more advanced mechanics! Lets break out the old Rod and Tackle and get our feet into the water!

Reel Rods and Other Fishing Utensils

Finding the Right rod for you and your preferred fish are important! There are a multitude of Rods and Gem Slots to customize and special your rods (Not to mention Rare Randomized Modified Rods!) But these are your basic bread and butter Rods you can buy and craft yourself, rather than farm for!

Old Fashioned Rod - Basically the rod everyone starts off with, just a simple twig and string. No Gem slots, and has the lowest catch Rate. Due to how low the rate is, it's also hard locked to the lowest tier of catch pools. You'll never find these as item drops, so what you see is what you get, but everyone has to start somewhere!

Standard Rod - The generalized Fishing rod. If you aren't hardcore fishing, you probably won't need more than this to do almost every fishing related quest in the game (Albeit with some difficulty!). 1 Gem slot helps to sway the rod to whatever quest your trying to fish for, so most players can get by with this one. Buy one when you get the money so you can start making headway and casual money.

Pro Rod - Now were getting somewhere! This is the minimum Rod you'll need to achieve all fishing quests. It's expensive to buy, and expensive to craft, so nobody would blame you for stopping here, but there's way cooler rods if your willing to work for it! 3 Gem slots is what makes this Rod able to pull up anything you want, provided you slot it correctly, but don't think you'll be able to pull up the rare fish with any consistency with this thing.

Deep Sea/Crocodilian Rods - Side grade to the Pro Rod for Ocean/Swamp respectively. Same Gem slots but they have a catch boost to fish pools in  their respective environments. 3 Gem slots

Mystic Rod - Low catch rate Rod, with an insane amount of gem slots. Super customizable if you have the crafting materials to make this and the required gems. Slot them correctly, it can be way better than the Pro rod depending on the fish you are aiming for. 12 Gem slots

Harpoon - Dual Weapon/Fishing Rod. Has a custom fishing pool that it pulls from, so you can't pull everything possible that a Regular Rod can, but it has a high catch rate for the fish it does pull up. If you want to speedrun certain quests, Harpoon will greatly increasing your fishing rate. It's also no the Worst weapon to equip, so you won't feel to bad when you fish up something that you need to kill. Notable Fish it pulls up - Gatland Carp (Extinct unless the Gatlands come back  Crying or Very sad ), Giant Lagoon Snail, Darkmantas, and Skulltrout. 2 Gem slots, but these are better but to use as damage Gems rather than Fishing Gems

Baits

Baits are part of what makes fishing such a unique experience. You can fish baitless, if you want to spend an eternity fishing, but finding crafting, and farming bait makes the whole game more enjoyable, and is necessary for End Game Fishing Quests. Embrace the Bait! It'll lead you to unique and out of the place locations, and the increased speed and precision that baits add to your fishing experience make the hassle for tackle worth it.

Wiggleworms - You'll probably find these when killing some of the early game mobs. Really only useful for fishing, so might as well use them. Nothing special but makes it so you can actually catch things with the Old Fashioned Rod.

Goldbugs - Wooded area Foraging areas have a chance to drop these. They sell for a little bit of money, but you can use them when fishing to help fish up rarer "Golden" fish. Useful to have a few on hand when trying to complete the "Scales of Gold" Questline. Also boosts Lagoon Goldfish catch rates, which makes the "Little Fish in a Big Lagoon" Questline way less time consuming.

Cork Grubs - These are dropped by a specific early game Mob, Cave Scarabs. While they are easy to kill after just a few levels, Cork grubs are an important food item, and go into a lot of high level recipes, so finding enough Cave scarabs to farm on during busy server times was a pain. You would usually sell these, since other players were desperate for them for quest completes. However, since one of the severs is back online with only a few people on it, you should farm for as many of these as possible in case the grub economy snatches them up again. Really good bait however, and now is the time to use it to make a fishing profit, before the price on these grubs skyrockets again.

There are alot of common baits, but these three are the most common/most notable of the more common bait varieties. Now, let's go over a few unique Baits

Dragon Leeches - Dragon leeches are technically a type of fish, and can be found in the Great Lagoon as a rare catch. What makes them special as bait, however, is they apply a massive bleed effect to Combat encounters that you fish up using them. Specifically, this is useful for deep sea fishing, where there are alot more Combat encounters to fish up, and makes combat much faster when you eventually snag a Manticore Barricuda or Reefdrifter. Also boosts the chance of fishing up combat encounters, which is useful for XP farming when fishing.

Lumous Algae - This type of bait can only be found washed up on the seashore at night as a vary rare occurrence. This bait is specifically noteworthy as it greatly increase the rate of Deep Ocean Fish catches, and is practically necessary to catch them do to how rare they are. Keep an eye out as you are doing coastal fishing for these, since you WILL want to catch at least a few Deep Sea Fish encounters for rare crafting materials. This bait WILL make you rich.

Wrathwyrm -  This is one of the few Legendary baits that exist, and is the easiest to acquire in my opinion. Guaranteed quest reward for completing the "Sepulcher of Currents" underwater dungeon. It is a very high level dungeon, and despite it's length, the fact that you are guaranteed Wrathwyrm bait makes this the best way to get Legendary Bait. Why do you need legendary Bait? Because you must use a form of Legendary bait to fish up the Leviathan Secret Boss. Killing it is hard, tedious, and his drops are not 100% so you might need to fish him up several times. You also aren't guaranteed to fish him up, as Legendary bait also boosts several other very very rare fishing encounters and Fish, Such as Oracle Jellies, Generator Squids, and Cetacealords to name a few. All this boils down to is that a consistent method of getting Legendary Bait is vital, and Wrathwyrm is the most consistent Legendary bait.

There are other Legendary baits in the game, and admittedly Wrathwyrm is the most functionally bland. Aside form allowing you to Fish up Leviathan, it really has no other mechanical upside. However, part of fishing is the fun of exploring, so I won't list them all down here. Explore! Have Fun! FPO is an amazing game, and you'll find some really cool Legendary bait if you take the care to look for it!

Notable Fishing Spots

To finish up this guide, I'll point out a few important fishing locations and their fish!

Great Lagoon - As mentioned before, Dragon leeches can be caught here, and a lot of expensive fish can be fished up here. When FPO was at it's height, this is where alot of people gathered to fish. Almost every type of Gold Fish can be found here, several fishing Questlines start and end at Shipwreck Village located at the Lagoon, and the Shipwreck Dungeon also has alot of bait and materials to get from it. Advanced Fishers would gather on the top of the shipwreck itself and fish of the side. This is where you'll usually find me!

Holeheart Lake - Located in the Darkside, This is an important fishing location because this is technically a deep sea fishing spot. this location also ahs a boosted occurrence of Deep Sea Fish catches. Just take note that you CANNOT fish up the Leviathan here, so don't waste your Legendary Bait here if your aiming for him.

Oakhaven Pool - Located in the upper branches of Loklok Wood's Big Tree. This is the only location you can catch Starlight Minnows. There are plenty of other pools in the Loklok woods, so many new players end up fishing for hours to complete the "Wandering Stardust" Questline, only to catch 0 minnows cause they fished in the wrong spot. Aside form the quest, Starlight minnows have a variety of sues in other crafting recipes, so they sell for decent bit outright and between players. You can also fish up the Woodclaw Crawfish pet here as well.

Gatland Riverway - With the Gatlands gone, the earliest fishing spot for new players, and the only place to grab the Gatland Carp is now gone. Thankfully, aside from a sidequest also located in the area, the Gatland Carp had no real value or use, aside from a one or two minor recipes. My condolences to completionionists if you try to join now. If you have an old account on the sever, then you might be able to sell any you have lying around. People might want them for their personal aquariums or achievement books, and the remaining Gatland Carps will surely go up in value over time unless the Gatlands return. For new fishers, grab an Old Fashioned Rod and some Wiggleworms and head to the Great Lagoon to get some low level fish first.

And that's the Basics! There is plenty I didn't go over, and if anyone wants to add more specific or detailed information feel free to add! If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to follow up with more detailed answers as well, just in case anything is too confusing! Happy Fishing!
Fsh4Lyfe
Fsh4Lyfe

Admin, sneakthief and MidgarMassacre like this post

Back to top Go down

Fishing Guide Empty Re: Fishing Guide

Post by sinhunter Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:41 pm

Hmph, seems Fishing Quest guy got moved back to Flatlands from Gatlands, that's good at least, moving him to Gatlands after the area got added was a shitty idea in the first place

Fishing Guide Istari16
sinhunter
sinhunter

sneakthief and Fsh4Lyfe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fsh4Lyfe Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:56 pm

Really? I was just going to do all the other types of Fishing quests, I thought he was Dead XD. At least new players will have a little bit of In-game direction to starting fishing on their own then! still no Gatland carps though Crying or Very sad
Fsh4Lyfe
Fsh4Lyfe

sneakthief likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistyWisty Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Not quite fishing, but! If you stand at some fishing holes with an old fashioned rod long enough, you have a chance of getting the Lonely Midge companion. It's a messed up little creature; no apparent model, tiny hitbox that moves around randomly so it's hell to target, no stats, no use, no records i could find back in the day. I swear it gave me a 1 second debuf once but I have no way of proving it
In all my years playing, I've encountered it exactly twice; once each in the little overleveled lemon grove in Flatlands, and a little puddle in Neramor Mountain. Horrifying creature. I assume it's stable since my account isn't dead but I live in fear. If you want one, target it, right click, select "catch"
TwistyWisty
TwistyWisty

Back to top Go down

Post by GeicoWizard Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:01 pm

I've pretty much always avoided fishing since I wasn't terribly interested. Is there a way to do consistent auto-fishing for overnight money or experience?
GeicoWizard
GeicoWizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Fsh4Lyfe Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:41 pm

With an auto clicker or bot you could probably get something working. I'd go to the Oakhaven pool, since there is no combat encounters you could possibly fish up, and the Starlight Minnows sell for a decent price. The issue is you'd need some way to click to cast, pull, and bait your rod, which you'd typically need to be there to do. I suppose with a bot with a set routine to click for you you could auto fish, as long as you had an inventory of bait ahead of time. Or take your chances without the bait, but at that point it might not be worth it.
Fsh4Lyfe
Fsh4Lyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by lombaxfan42 Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:09 pm

As someone who just got high enough level to get to Oakhaven, I'm struggling to fish in this area. There don't seem to be any hostile encounters that you can trigger by fishing, as you said, but the "mobs" that spawn around the nearby village keep attacking me on sight and interrupting the cast! Sad

Particularly, the "Prawn Shopkeep" has been a particularly thorny customer, and his net attacks keep pulling me away from the shore and ruining my "QTEs".
lombaxfan42
lombaxfan42

Back to top Go down

Post by starfyfan007 Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:20 pm

wait u can use grubs 4 fishing? ive been throwing dem awai in potions XD whenever i get materialz i dont need i just throw dem in a caldron!
starfyfan007
starfyfan007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fsh4Lyfe Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:29 pm

lombaxfan42 wrote:As someone who just got high enough level to get to Oakhaven, I'm struggling to fish in this area. There don't seem to be any hostile encounters that you can trigger by fishing, as you said, but the "mobs" that spawn around the nearby village keep attacking me on sight and interrupting the cast! Sad

Particularly, the "Prawn Shopkeep" has been a particularly thorny customer, and his net attacks keep pulling me away from the shore and ruining my "QTEs".

Ah, I sorry I didn't think to tell people how to clear the different areas. Loklok Woods needs you to go through the main questline to appease the villager mobs and make them welcome to outsiders. If you just ran here for fishing without doing the story then your gonna have troubles like your describing Sad Go to the entrance and look for the talking frog, and you'll pick up the starting questline.

starfyfan007 wrote:wait u can use grubs 4 fishing? ive been throwing dem awai in potions XD whenever i get materialz i dont need i just throw dem in a caldron!

Thats what most people do, but if you don't have a real potion questline or need to make potions, you might have more luck money wise by using them for fishing!
Fsh4Lyfe
Fsh4Lyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by starfyfan007 Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Fsh4Lyfe wrote:
starfyfan007 wrote:wait u can use grubs 4 fishing? ive been throwing dem awai in potions XD whenever i get materialz i dont need i just throw dem in a caldron!

Thats what most people do, but if you don't have a real potion questline or need to make potions, you might have more luck money wise by using them for fishing!
okai! da grubs just make a rlly pretty color Very Happy i mite hav 2 make a potion colorz guide sumdai. ill b willing 2 trade if u wuld like mai grubz 4 fishing tongue
starfyfan007
starfyfan007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down